Before reviewing a hand in ICMIZER, pasting a hand from the clipboard, or importing your hand history file, you need to specify the correct structure of the tournament that matches the situation in your hand by using the tournament selector window.
When you are choosing a tournament there, it is essential to correctly select its payout structure and the existence of a bounty (regular tournaments, tournaments with bounties, and progressive bounties). The rest of the data ICMIZER takes from the loaded hand history file (blind levels, number of players at the table, etc.). Other types of data do not affect the calculation, such as the growth rate of blinds in the tournament - regular, turbo, hyper, or blinds steps (unless you are using the FGS model with advanced increased blind level parameter).
ICMIZER already has a preloaded list of the most popular tournament structures. If you can't find your tournament in our predefined list, you need to create a new tournament by using the Create New button and the Create Tournament dialog. This is important for most MTTs & live tournaments because we simply cannot have everything available in this list.
To create a new tournament:
1. Open the ICMIZER tournament selector window and click on the "Create New" button.
2. Name your custom tournament in the "Name" text box.
3. Choose the tournament's size (single table SNG, several tables MTTSNG or MTT) and speed (Normal, Turbo, or Hyper).
4. Choose from the list a poker network where the tournament takes place. The created tournament will be stored in the corresponding category.
5. If the tournament has knockouts, check the "Knockout" checkbox for simple bounties (they remain the same for the duration of the whole tournament), and the "Progressive" checkbox if knockouts are progressive (the reward changes during the tournament).
If the tournament is a PKO tournament, check the Progressive checkbox (1). Then, set the number of players (2) and a knockout size (3):
The knockout size (3) should be the same as the buy-in part that goes towards a bounty pool. Then, set the tournament's payouts.
The total sum of payouts is the sum of payouts you entered (the regular prizepool) plus the knockout prizepool (the total number of players (2) multiplied by the
knockout size (3)). If you entered the number of players (2), the knockout size (3), and payouts correctly, it should be equal to the 'Total Prize Pool' of the tournament.
6. Set the tournament's payouts. You can set payout amounts as money or as percentages. The recommended approach is "Money".
To set the same payout for several players, first set the amount of payout, and then specify the number of players that get this payout (the payout zone size).
Here we've specified that players from the 10th to 15th position get 1$ each, and the zone size is 6.
7. After you make sure that everything is entered correctly for your custom tournament, click on the "Create" button.
All created tournaments are saved in the tournament selector window, and you can choose any of them from the list.
To delete a custom tournament from the list, hold a cursor over the custom tourney and click on the "Delete" button.
Editing Custom Tournaments
You can edit and duplicate your saved custom tournaments. To edit a custom tournament from the list, hold a cursor over the custom tourney and click on the "Edit" button.
In the "Edit tournament structure" window, you can make needed changes. To save changes in the opened tournament structure, click on ❶ the "Update existing" button.
If you want to save the changed tournament structure as a new custom tournament, click on ❷ the "Create" button.
Remember that a different payout structure usually leads to a very different optimal strategy, so choosing the correct tournament is mandatory for the efficient use of ICMIZER.